Rugs play an important role to hide imperfections. It could be your bedroom, living room or kitchen floor, hide all flaws. Tear and wear with the area rugs. Moreover, rugs are available in an array of styles, patterns, colors and fabric that not only helps to hide floor blemishes but gives a whole new dimension to the neutral spaces. You do not have to invest a lot in updating your existing rugs. With some creativity, paint and art supplies you can create peppy, enticing and chic DIY rugs.
Give a Spin to Your Rugs with these Wacky DIY Rug Ideas
Rugs with Texture:
- Woven Rug: Use two king-sized bed sheets to form an art rug for your bathroom, hallway or kitchen.
- Faux Fur White Rug: Impart sophistication to your bedroom with an elegant faux fur rug. Another advantage of this rug is that it is washable.
Rugs with Bold Patterns:
- Zebra Rug: create a dramatic effect in your room with a metallic zebra rug. Use gold and white paint and drop cloth for the effect.
- Tablecloth Rug: Make a rug out of a tablecloth to impart a new look to your room.
Rugs with Freaky Shapes:
- Rope Rug: For a rustic effect create a rope rug making use of thick ropes and bath mats. Make larger rugs by putting together smaller ones.
- Eccentric Shaped Rug: Choose any shape, pattern and design from the Internet, and with the help of the grid method transfer to the tiles to make this rug.
Uplift the décor of your house with these funky DIY rug ideas.
This pom pom rug looks really lovely when made. This love design rug can enhance the décor of your room.
You can make this colorful rug at home using simple fabric and sewing tools. It gets ready quite easily.
These are stylish rugs made using colorful decorative and craft items. Take the help of online videos to get it done perfectly.
This one is a braided rug which can be made without much effort. It is cheap and stylish at the same time.
These are lovely knitted rugs made in cute teddy bear shapes. Try them out and make them any pattern you like.
This rope rug is super easy to make and gets ready in a few minutes. Just follow the simple steps to craft them.
This natural stone rug is quite soothing for the feet. Make them using small pebbles and glue.
This one is sure to be loved by your children at home. If you are look at sewing crafts then try this elephant rug at home.
This rug design is truly colorful and vibrant. Take the help of YouTube videos to get the full tutorial on this.
This one is a towel rug made from old towels that you do not use and are planning to discard. They are made in braided style.
This one is really colorful for your kid’s room décor. Grab some craft papers and glue to get started with the art.
Using pom poms you can make matching pillow covers and rugs for your living room. They make amazing home décor items.
Try this cheap rope rug at home using a sewing machine and you get lovely results from it.
This one is really arty. The YouTube channel can help you with the detailed tutorial on this woven rug.
This is a really cool one. Just follow the step shown after you are ready with the elements and the rug gets ready to use.
Try this making this rug at home using hula hoop and old shirts that are planning to discard. You get colorful rug designs for room.
This patch rug is made using old sweaters. Gather all the elements together and then work on your project.
This one is adorable, bright, soft and perfect for your little one. Take the help of online videos to get the craft done.
Using paint ideas of different colors you can get this artistic rug ready at home. They are cheap and easy solutions of home décor.
Using yarn balls of different colors, scissors and sewing tools one can make this soft rug at home quite easily.
Photos Source www.facebook.com