By getting new fabrics for your pillows and cushions at home, you can give a quick makeover to the room décor. This one gets considered as one of the simplest ways to enhance the look of any room of the house. Many ladies know this and they often change the covers before any grand event or celebration. However, here, the discussion encompasses around some latest ideas on DIY pillow covers and cushion covers which you can craft at home using simple items. So, rather than spending a lot in buying expensive pillow covers give these a try once.
Types Of Cost-Effective DIY Pillow Covers And Cushion Covers:
- Envelope Pillow Cover: This one is the simplest form that you can make at home easily. Select any colorful fabric of your choice and you can get started. You also need the cutting mat, thread, and sewing machine to design the cover.
- Sweater Cushion Cover: If you are planning to give away your old sweater then use it to make a nice cushion cover with it. You can also use some decorative buttons to make the cover look more attractive.
- Spray Painted Pillow Cover: This one is also quite creative. Cover the pillow with any fabric of your choice. Use plain fabric in solid colors so that the spray paint design gets more prominent. You can draw any pattern you like using the spray paint to design the cover.
- Stenciled Cushion Covers: For this, you can select a hemp fabric to cover the cushion you have. Then using stencils and different colors you can draw the patterns on the cushion. Let it dry after completing the designing and your new cushion cover is ready.
- Monogram Pillow Covers With Buttons: You can personalize your pillow covers by designing monograms using different colors and sizes of buttons. Stitch them on the cover and its ready.
What Do You Need For Making A Zippered Pillow Cover?
- Pillow insert
- Thread, scissors, pins iron and the sewing machine.
You can design an exact store bought looking pillow cover with only these few items.
These DIY pillow covers and cushion covers ideas can make you the best craft person of your house and you can impress anyone with your creativity.
Source for Images: Facebook.com